9ct Yellow Gold with 1/4 CARAT tw of Diamonds Signet Ring
You’ve found the perfect ring but have no idea what size you need. By following our tips and using our printable Ring Size Guide, finding out your ring size is easier than you think.
Tips for Finding Your Correct Ring Size
The ideal ring fit is loose enough to slide over your knuckle and tight enough so that it cannot fall off your finger.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day. Your finger size changes depending on the weather and time of day. For best results, measure your finger size at the end of the day when your fingers are warm. (Early in the morning, your fingers are cold and therefore smaller).
- Measure a few times. Be sure to measure your finger size a few times to make sure your calculations are accurate.
- The wider the ring, the tighter it will fit on a finger. Rings with a wider band usually fit more snugly and need to be a bit larger. For anything 5mm or more in width, go a half size up.
- When the knuckle is bigger than the base of the finger. Measure both the base of your finger and your knuckle and pick a size in between the two.
- Your dominant hand is usually larger.Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring.
Many people find that a variance of a half size or less will still fit comfortably most of the time.
Measuring your Finger
We have provided an easy way to measure your correct ring size with our Ring Size Guide (click to open PDF).
There are two methods for measuring the ring size:
Method 1. USE A STRIP OF PAPER or a piece of string
You will need:
- A strip of paper or a piece of string
How to measure:
- Cut a thin strip of paper or a piece of string approximately 100 millimetres long.
- Wrap the paper or string around the finger at the base of your knuckle.
- Mark the area where the two ends of the paper or string meet.
- Lay it flat and use the ruler to measure the length in millimetres to give you the circumference.
- Convert the measurement to the appropriate ring size, using the conversion chart.
METHOD 2. USE A RING THAT FITS YOU
To measure the ring size using a ring that fits, you will need the following:
- A ring at home that fits the finger that fits well
How to measure:
- Measure the internal diameter of the ring (that’s the hole inside the ring, excluding the metal).
- Write down this measurement in millimetres and use the conversion chart to find your ring size.
|Australia, New Zealand, UK & Ireland||Inside Diameter (mm)||European Size, Inside Circumference (mm)|